Sunday, November 04, 2007

Noche de Tapas!!

October 26 was the inauguration of Pepe, the new wine cave, lounge and tapas hangout spawned by Veronica and Jorge of Torito Tapas Bar, voted one of (Toronto Life's Top 10 Best New Restaurant) in Kensington Market. Antonio hosted the event with multiple tastings the newest wines coming from the cellars of Finca Los Nevados. Chef Carlos Hernandez delighted us with savory tapas of serrano ham, chorizo, croquettes, tortilla espanola, and manchego cheese. The wines paired marvelously for a delightful eve of funky house jazz courtesy of in house DJ. Bumped into an old colleague from Over the Rainbow who claimed he recognized me from the wine scene but my Sicilian witch doctor's memory served me right. Jeremy and I worked together 17 years ago in the rag trade before he left to launch his own sales agency and I poured over Chaucer and the Fairie Queen.

No comments: